|There are many many types of healing. Acupuncture, energy healing, flower essences, prayer, shamanism, crystal healing, and the list goes on… What is today termed alternative healing in the West has been practiced in other parts of the world for centuries. As mass consciousness has changed to be more accepting of healing (as compared to Western medicine), individuals have adjusted techniques to fit their own styles and assigned the techniques new names. Hence, there are a lot of techniques that are similar, but not quite the same. How confusing!|
How do you choose what type of healing to try? Ask yourself these questions and others that come to your mind as you read them:
- What kind of person are you?
- Do you like to work with a group of people, or do you prefer to work by yourself or with one other person?
- Do you need a ritual? Lighting candles, performing things in a sequence, etc.
- Do you like hands-on type healing?
- Do you want to do the healing technique yourself or do you want someone to do it for you?
- Will you want to have the process explained in detail during a session? Or, will you be able to judge based on the effectiveness?
- Do you need someone to legitimize a technique for you? For example, does the government have to list it as an approved type of alternative healing technique for you to feel comfortable with it. Or, does Oprah have to endorse it?
- Do you like more spiritually oriented techniques? Or, do you prefer a technique that can be explained scientifically in minute detail?
- Do you want someone to “give it to you straight up” or do you want it surrounded by flowers and butterflies?
- Do you prefer to work with a male or female healer?
- Are you religious, spiritual, or neither? Could you work with someone who is different from you?
- Are you a risk taker? Or, do you follow the crowd?
- Are you willing to explore techniques on the edge of societal norms or will the technique need to be more traditional?
- Do you feel the need to keep the practice hidden from friends, family, and co-workers? Or, are you someone who says “That’s their issue.”?
These and like questions will determine the type of technique that might work best with your personality. If you don’t feel comfortable with the technique, it won’t matter what healer you choose. You won’t like the result. Take your analysis of your style and comfort level and compare that with what you know about a technique. It will be up to you to use your best judgment as to whether or not the fit will be good with your personality and whether it will fit with your life and lifestyle.
|There are many paths to health, happiness, and prosperity. ThetaHealing™, my favorite, is one of those paths. Since we are all different – we come from different environments, lifestyles, beliefs, and experiences – we may prefer one type of path over another. Or, we may decide that none fit us perfectly and start to put together a unique path that combines component parts of many paths. Educating yourself about the various ways to achieve wholeness and wellness and prosperity is the best way to determine what works best for you.|
OK. That’s done. Now on to how to choose the healer.
We make evaluations about people every day, multiple times. We take in information about their appearance, their voice, their demeanor, and other things. And whether we realize it or not, we also take in information about their energy field. All this information goes to the brain where it is compared to our beliefs and subconscious programming. The brain then, as part of it’s instinctive job to protect us, decides whether flight, fight, or acceptance is the appropriate response. If acceptance is the choice made, the brain then also determines the degree of acceptance.
What does all that mean? It means that you subconsciously evaluate people all the time. That evaluation is then measured to what your conscious evaluation tells you. It shows itself in how you feel about them when you don’t even know them. It means that when you are choosing a healer – any healer – you want to feel comfortable with them and your feelings will help guide you.
Choose healers like you would any other professional. What do you feel when you see their picture or hear their voice or read their website? Do you tense up or do you feel relaxed and comfortable? Do you like their personality? What type of training do they have? How much experience do they have? Have others recommended them? When you talk to them, are they well spoken and do they seem confident about the healing work and how they can help you? You need to be able to trust the healer you choose. You need to feel confident that they know what they are doing and can help you make the changes you desire to make. You also want to feel that you are getting a good value for your time and money.
Just as there are many paths and techniques, there are many healers ready to help you. Since you may be considering using an alternative healer, it is prudent to do your homework and listen to your gut feelings. Be aware of your body as you choose and you may find that your intuition is functioning much better than you ever imagined.
My personal hope is that you will try ThetaHealing™. Find out more about it on Theta Healing Connect. You may find that your search will be over. ThetaHealing™ will be all you need to accomplish all you can dream.
Sending all who read this, light and love and discernment to help you make wise choices,
Theta Healing Connect